No products were found matching your selection.
Role of natural herbs in everyday skincare
The skin is the largest organ of the body – one that constantly fights against the outside elements. It is our primary defense against dust, heat, and pollution. At the same time, glowing skin helps people stay confident and look appealing both in their personal as well as professional lives. So, if you too want your skin to look vibrant and smooth, here are a few herbs that are perfect for everyday skincare. Being one of the best herb suppliers in South Africa, we make sure that you get only the most authentic herbs for your skincare regime.
Herbs that you can use for your skincare regime
- Chamomile: Chamomile is rich in alpha-bisabolol – a compound that comes in handy when fighting wrinkles. It also heals skin irritations. Chamomile can be taken in the form of tea or can be used as a face wash. However, it doesn’t suit all skin types, so use it with caution or at least do some research prior to using it.
- Calendula: Calendula is of tremendous help to individuals who seek natural help to deal with their dry skin. It is replete with oil-soluble compound carotenoids that not only fight the dryness of the skin, but are also great in dealing with age spots, rashes, inflammation, stretch marks, warts, and more.
- Basil: Though basil is basically known as a culinary herb, it has antibiotic and antifungal properties. Basil is known for reviving dull-looking skin. In fact, it is a great skin tone booster. Being rich in antioxidants and Vitamin A and C, it comes in handy for attaining radiant-looking skin or rejuvenating the skin.
- Aloe Vera: It was once called the ‘Plant of Immortality’, chiefly because of the many benefits it offers to the skin. It comes with anti-inflammatory properties and is great for moisturizing the skin. Aloe Vera forms a protective barrier on the skin, thereby saving it from environmental damage. It is great for treating blemishes, cleansing dead skin, and fighting acne.
- Lavender: Herb suppliers in South Africa use lavender in products to cure acne and eczema. It not only nourishes the skin but also goes inside the pores and deals with pimples and flareups. Lavender has a pleasing aroma that has a calming feel and is also known to have a profound effect in dealing with premature aging of the skin.
- Ashwagandha: You might have come across the name ashwagandha in various natural skincare products. It is an ayurvedic herb that has proven its mettle in treating various skin problems. Ashwagandha is rich in antioxidants and thus it is great for fighting free radicals that cause skin blemishes, dark spots, fine lines, and wrinkles. It also comes with antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Horsetail: Horsetail is generally known for its astringent properties. It helps people deal with acne and makes the skin firm. That is not all! It features a high silica content – a component of collagen, which is used to make the skin supple and youthful. Thus, horsetail is a great anti-aging herb.
Where do we fit in?
While it’s true that there are many herbs that can contribute a great deal to your daily skincare routine, you must first know how to use them properly and figure out what actually suits your skin type. Not all natural herbs are suited for everyone. Moreover, you must also make sure that you get the products sourced from reliable sellers, otherwise, you always run the risk of getting duped. This is why people only rely on the best herb suppliers in South Africa.
At Elementary Shop, we follow a customer-first policy and offer only the best products, sourced from genuine partners. Our products are great for treating existing skin and hair concerns and preventing them from happening in the future. We focus on the purity of our products and the efficacy of our formulations. They are free from artificial colors, chemicals, or fragrances. Connect with us to find out more about our ever-evolving range of products.