Showing 1–12 of 19 results
What are Carrier Oils of South Africa?
Carrier oils are used to dilute the fundamental oils and assist in “carry” them into the skin. Aloe vera gels and unscented physique lotion are added now and then used as carriers. To be used in aromatherapy, it is advocated that the oil is got thru bloodless pressing. In this process, the oil is extracted with the aid of crushing the plants. Users declare that the fragile vitamins in the oil can be broken if they are extracted with heat. While some are odorless, most service oils have a faint scent that is candy and nutty. Unlike fundamental oils, they do no longer evaporate.
Types of Carrier Oils of South Africa
The following are the various kinds of carrier oils of South Africa.
Grapeseed oil (Vitus vinifera)
Grapeseed oil is regarded to be an all-purpose oil that is many times used in aromatherapy, from rub down to skincare. It has a mild aroma that is barely candy and nutty, and it is in reality clear in color. It leaves a smooth movie on the skin.
Coconut oil (Cocos Nucifera)
People in the tropics have been the usage of coconut oil as a moisturizerTrusted Source for centuries. Recently, the oil has additionally been proven to have antimicrobial properties. This is generally due to its excessive lauric acid content, which is the predominant fatty acid in coconut oil. The oil smells of coconut and can be used both as a provider oil or on its own. It can be utilized to the skin, hair, and lips, and helps to guard the pores and skin by using leaving a skinny layer behind.
Rose hip oil (Rosa mosqueta)
Rosehip oil is prosperous in fundamental fatty acids, which include alpha-linolenic acid. It has been proven dependent on Source to have antioxidative and anti-inflammatory results and is used to deal with more than a few pores and skin conditions. Rosehip oil is a herbal supply of diet C and nutrition E.
Black cumin seed oil (Nigella sativa)
Black cumin seed oil is anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal, and is a thought rushed Source to assist promote the recovery of wounds and burns.
Evening primrose oil (Oenothera biennis)
The mild and sweet-smelling night primrose oil has been used in aromatherapy and skin care for many years. It is ideal to be beneficial in many pores and skin conditions, such as eczema. It is typically expensive, and aromatherapists tend to combine it with different provider oils. It has an excessive integral fatty acid content, which means that it deteriorates and goes rancid quite quickly.
The Best Use of Carrier Oils of South Africa
- Combine a few drops of your preferred integral oil with 1/2 a teaspoon of jojoba oil and use the combination as a make-up remover, moisturizer, as extra safety from solar injury (never use it as an alternative for sunscreen) or soak your arms and ft in the combo for about 10 minutes to forestall cracked skin.
- Avocado oil has excessive viscosity (thickness) and dries off slowly which makes it the best service oil for your subsequent massage.
- If you choose to soothe a calm the pores and skin one of the satisfactory combos is argan, lavender, and chamomile oil.
- Make certain you don’t purchase some low-quality merchandise as these are greater subtle and perhaps combined with different oils in the manufacturing process. Always search for cold-pressed, unrefined, greater virgin olive oil.
- Apricot Kernel Oil is excessive in diet E, and omega 6 and 9 fatty acids which makes it a tremendous anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial agent. It’s in reality mild and mild on the pores and skin with comparable homes as the candy almond oil. It has many uses and it’s a section of many-body and face lotions, creams, balms, and ointments. But, possibly its nice use is as a service oil for your rubdown mixture. It will make your pores and skin extremely tender and won’t depart any greasy residue.
- If you are fighting time-honored zits breakouts, dry skin, or a nasty sunburn you can use tamanu oil as a service oil alongside a few drops of lavender, tea tree, and frankincense indispensable oil.
- Rosehip oil is tremendous for touchy pores and skin as nicely due to the fact it can assist you to soothe inflammation, and enhance the texture of your skin.
For more info about our range of Carrier Oils and tips on how to use them, connect with us at email@example.com.
You may even call us at 033 342 7305 to order our products in bulk or to discuss our transparent pricing policy.